Several HPVOoO members gather to discuss trailer design and gawk at
Jody's extreme winter bike.
4 HPVOoO members succeeded in the challenge of a
human powered move
on 2002-11-30 of the entire contents of Jody's appartment.
A whole lot more HPVOoO members had a whole lot more
at the subsequent Santa Claus parade, 2002-11-23, in Nepean (Ottawa).
Vic also took a whack of
while perched atop the shopping cart trike, between rear-wheel slides
It looks like some HPVOoO members had a whole lot of
at the recent Santa Claus parade, 2002-11-16, in Ottawa. There is also
Richard had no trouble
transporting a PA system
to and from a weekend youth conference.
The Toxic Avenger! safely delivers a load of toxics to the depot on
Saturday October 26th, 2002.
- On our way to and from the CfSC AGM, we had a bit of fun transporting things.
Saturday, October 19th, 11:00, Old Ottawa City Hall, Sussex Drive.
Apax demonstrated their suspended leaning delta trike. Vic's photos are
here. Richard also
took a bunch of photos. There was a
mis-captioned photo of Mike Watson riding Richard's trike on the
Contents page of the 24th of October edition of the X-Press.
- Velo Ontario, an organization
that will concentrate on commuter and touring cycling, hosted their
first conference here in Ottawa on Saturday October 5th, 2002 with a
social on the evening of the 4th and a group ride on the morning of the
6th. Richard Guy Briggs was in attendance, took photos and brought some
HPV printed materials (BCQ, En-cycle-opedia) to share with conferees.
On our way home, Juergen and I took a couple of photos.
- CfSC Harvest
Ride, September 29, 2002. Vic
took some pics too.
Richard needed to
transport 3 large UPSes
despite the fact that it was raining. Each one weighed about 60 pounds for a total of about 180 pounds.
HPVOoO parking lot meet, on September 14th from 12:00-14:00 in the Aviation Museum parking lot to hang out and swap rides. There were be both commercial and homebuilt human powered vehicles. There were opportunities to take various vehicles for a spin on the decomissioned tarmac which is adjacent to the museum. Murray Cleland, a trike distributor from Orillia, Recumbent Trikes, was present with an aluminium and a steel MR Swift trike. Afterwards, we went to Picollo Grande for gelato. I took some photos too.
- International Human Powered Vehicle Association's world championships, Brantford, ON, Aug. 5-10, 2002 ...and another link here. Some photos were taken.
- Multiple Sclerosis Bike Tour, August 10-11, 2002, (613) 728-1583
- Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour, June 8 - 9, 2002, (613) 230-1064, obcadmin at cyberus.ca. I took some photos on the Saturday and on the Sunday.
- 19th annual MICHIGAN HUMAN POWERED VEHICLE RALLY, June 8-9, 2002, at Waterford, near Pontiac (Detroit area), hosted by the Michigan HPV Association. Road races, urban transportation contest, other events. All types of cycles welcome. Contact Wally Kiehler, +1.313-884-0109, or Mike Eliasohn, +1.616-982-4058.
- National Capital Commuter Challenge, June 3rd to 7th, 2002
- Break-up-the-week ride, June 5, 2002, the two Ottawa "Greenspeed Guys" seemed to be the only ones to show up, a photo was taken. There was also a ride 2 weeks later which was actually pleasant (photos).
- A visit to Roger Rheal, inventor, builder, artist...
- Le tour Nortel Networks, May 5, 2002, (613) 765-8687, some photos were taken.
- April 26th, 2002, Critical Mass. Some photos were taken.
- April 21, 2002, Earth Day. Some photos were taken.
2002-04-06: British Human Power Club meet at Milton Keynes
Impromptu frozen canal meet, March 6th, 2002
- Sunday February 24th, 2002, 15:00-19:00, HPVOoO first meet