Media interest in Human Powered Vehicle Operators of Ottawa
- December 14, 2011: Momentum
Planet's Families on Bikes series features
Bike Train Fits the Whole Family about RGB's family bicycle touring train.
- May 27th, 2011: Ottawa Citizen's Citizen Cycle
has a series on Cargo Bikes
where we get several mentions.
- November 24th, 2010: Artengine blog: Coverage of our
christmas parade float train theme.
- December 21, 2007: Ottawa Citizen: article (mirror 2)
Richard and Shannon's photos
This article was picked up by the Xtracycle blog (mirror 2)
- December 14, 2007: CBC Radio: interviews with Richard Guy Briggs, Cathy Woodgold, Jenn Farr, Charles Akben-Marchand about winter cycling
- August 6, 2007: City Journal (Ottawa): Tapping into a forgotten energy source (mirror)
- June 2007: The Humm: Page 26 photo of Richard Guy Briggs' tandem recumbent trike with overhead rack carrying a canoe in the 2006 "Art of Being Green"'s annual parade with his parner Carole Sauve (8 months expecting with Annabelle) and 3 year old son Nicolas.
- April 5, 2007: Chicago Tribune: Cargo bikes are designed for riders who pile it on
- July 18, 2006: Lanark local papers: Photos on front page of Briggs-Sauvé family on tandem with canoe. images
- February 2, 2006: Ottawa Outdoors: Article about recumbent bicycles: link
- Tuesday May 17, 2005, 18:30, CBC TV. This interview was recorded at Mike's place on Friday May 13th around noon. Thanks to Jeremy for the recording. Charles took some photos.
- Spring 2005: Chain Mail (newsletter of Citizens for Safe Cycling): Short article and photo of HPVOoO winning "Best of All Other Entries" at the 2005 Ottawa St. Patrick's Parade
- A Croatian cycling forum thread from 2005 that seemed to be fascinated by our moving antics.
- March 14 2005, 07:20, CBC Radio One. This interview was recorded at the
start line of the Ottawa The Irish
Society St. Patrick
Day Parade. We were awarded "Best Vehicle" in the parade.
There is a mirror of the CBC radio interview here in OGG and MP3 formats.
- March 9th, 2004: Ottawa Start hightlighted us in their "featured link".
- A photographer from the Centretown Buzz tracked us down at Hallowe'en. If anyone has seen a photo or two or an article in the November Buzz, let us know...
- The Centretown News has a photo essay by Rebecca Roberts in the November 7th issue. (scans: small large extra large) Richard took some photos at the time.
- The Centretown News has a photo by Rebecca Roberts in the Friday, September 26th issue. (scans: small large) Richard took some photos at the same event.
- The Great Lakes Radio Consortium did
an interview with
HPVOoO member Juergen Weichert about winter cycling.
- There is a decent article about winter
cycling in the January 19th edition of the Ottawa
- Velovision featured two articles
about Ottawa antics in issue #9, both written by Vic Gedris. One about Jody's
human powered move, and the other about the APAX.
Apax demonstrated their suspended leaning delta trike. There was a
mis-captioned photo of Mike Watson riding Richard's trike on the
Contents page of the 24th of October, 2002 edition of the Ottawa X-Press. If
someone has a scan of this, it we could link it here.
There was press coverage of the first HPVOoO parking lot meet, on September 14th, 2002 in the Aviation Museum parking lot to hang out and swap rides.
There was press coverage of the International Human Powered Vehicle Association's world championships, Brantford, ON, Aug. 5-10, 2002
...and another link here.
- Le tour Nortel Networks, May 5, 2002, got some press coverage for us.
Page last updated by
Richard Guy Briggs
Sat Dec 17 08:55:00 EST 2011